What Level of Care is Right for My Teen?
Our admissions team is skilled in helping families determine what level of care is appropriate for their teenager. If you’d like an in-person meeting to determine what level of care your teen needs, we offer free face-to-face assessments at all of our partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient locations. If you answer yes to any of the questions below, please contact our admissions team to discuss options or to schedule an appointment.
- Do you suspect your teen is using drugs?
- Do you think your teen has a mental health issue?
- Is your teen stepping down from a partial hospitalization or residential treatment program?
- Does your teen need more support than weekly therapy/outpatient treatment?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, IOP may be an appropriate level of care. IOP helps teens who are beginning to exhibit symptoms or behaviors you’ve never seen before.
- Is your teen skipping school or not able to attend school due to their mental health struggles?
- Have you recently discovered drug paraphernalia in you teen’s possession?
- Has your teen stopped engaging in activities they used to love?
- Is your teen withdrawing from the family?
- Are you concerned your teen does not have enough supervision during the day?
- Is your teen transitioning from an outpatient, intensive outpatient, or residential treatment program?
- Does your teen need more structure than a typical outpatient or intensive outpatient program?
- Has your teen been unsuccessful in outpatient or intensive outpatient programs?
If you answer yes to any of these questions or you’ve observed any of these behaviors, the situation is likely to escalate and your teen may require the structure of a PHP program to get them on track.
- Does your teen have a very hard time with emotional regulation?
- Does your teen struggle with thoughts of self-harm, or are they actively engaging in self-harm behaviors?
- Are you concerned your teen is abusing substances?
- Has your teen run away from home?
- Does your teen need medication to stabilize a mental health issue?
- Has your teen’s life has become unmanageable due to mental health, addiction, or behavioral issues?
- Is your teen engaging in risky or impulsive behaviors?
- Has your teen been unsuccessful in outpatient, intensive outpatient, or partial hospitalization programs?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, it’s likely your teen needs the intensive help and 24-hour treatment and supervision available in our RTC programs.