When someone is diagnosed with both a mental health disorder and an alcohol and/or substance use disorder (AUD/SUD), it’s called a dual diagnosis. Professionals use the term “co-occurring disorder” in the mental health field to describe this situation. Several mental health disorders often happen simultaneously among adolescents, such as alcohol and substance use disorders in conjunction with anxiety and depression. Some of the commonly observed co-occurring disorders include:
- Depressive disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorders
- Bipolar disorders
- Conduct disorders
- Oppositional defiant disorders
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
Treatment Solutions For Adolescents With a Dual-Diagnosis
Adolescents who experience the co-occurrence of mental health and substance use disorder need specific care. Our treatment approach specifically addresses those with dual-diagnosis problems, providing them with the support they need to recover fully and achieve mental wellness. We offer a range of comprehensive treatment options for adolescents facing these complex challenges. Our dual-diagnosis treatments include
- Residential Treatment: Our residential treatment program provides a safe and structured environment for adolescents to receive concentrated care and round-the-clock supervision. We offer individual therapy, group counseling, psychiatric assistance, and evidence-based treatment approaches to address their mental health and substance use issues.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): PHP is a step-down level of care that offers intensive treatment during the day while enabling teens to return home in the evenings. It provides a structured therapeutic program, psychiatric evaluation, medication management, and comprehensive support for mental health and substance use disorders.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): IOP is a more flexible and suitable option for adolescents who need less intensive treatment. By attending therapy sessions several times a week, teens can maintain their routines while still receiving crucial support to address their dual diagnosis. IOP uses evidence-based therapies and counseling to tackle mental health and substance use issues.
- Virtual Outpatient Program: Our virtual outpatient program brings quality treatment directly to adolescents in the comfort of their own homes. Through our highly secure online platform, teens can actively participate in individual therapy, group counseling, and educational sessions guided by our caring clinicians.
Take the First Step Towards Dual-Diagnosis Recovery
If your adolescent is struggling with a co-occurring mental health and substance use disorder, Evolve is here to help. Our dedicated team of professionals is committed to providing comprehensive dual-diagnosis treatment solutions that address both the mental health and substance use aspects of your child’s condition.
Contact us today to learn more about our dual-diagnosis treatment options and discover how we can support your child’s mental wellness journey. Together, we can make a difference in their lives and empower them to thrive, and recovery is within reach.