Evolve Ojai Residential Treatment for Teens
Personalized Recovery in a Natural Setting
At Evolve Ojai, teens live full-time on-site in a private estate in the peaceful, secluded Ojai Valley on the southern edge of the Topatopa Mountains. Our treatment center shares this lush, heavily wooded valley with the quaint, friendly village of Ojai, known for over half a century as a tourist getaway and part-time home to musicians, artists, celebrities, and people seeking an escape from the hectic, car-centric city life of Los Angeles and its immediate suburbs. Los Padres National Forest borders Ojai to the north, with picturesque coastal ranges stretching south to the ocean. Hiking trails, wildlife, and nature are moments away, and the village of Ojai overflows with business and attractions focusing on health, wellness, arts, and cultures.
Our teenagers feel like they’re in a personal, individualized recovery center designed to meet their specific therapeutic needs—because that’s exactly where they are. Treatment can be hard work, but we know that in the right environment our teens can develop practical coping skills, learn about themselves, have fun, and build enriching new relationships. We encourage personal growth and lay the foundation for sustainable, lifelong recovery.
Custom Treatment Programs
Our teens receive solution-focused, data-driven, evidence based, results-oriented therapy. Everything we do is geared toward changing behavior and finding the right combination of therapy and support. Since no two teenagers are alike, no two treatment plans are alike. During the admissions process, we conduct a thorough assessment, establish a baseline, and create an Individual Recovery Plan based on specific needs and goals. Recovery Plans at Evolve Ojai include a combination of the following therapeutic modes:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-Based Dialectical/Cognitive Therapy (MBD/CT)
- 12-Step Support Programs
- Individual Family Therapy
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Our teens also take part in a wide range of innovative experiential therapies, such as:
Equine-Assisted Therapy (Horses)
Music, Art, and Dance
Evolve Ojai Staff
Photos of Our Ojai Program
We’re located in central Ventura County fifteen miles from the Pacific Ocean and a forty-minute drive from Santa Barbara. We provide a safe, nurturing environment that features:
- Comfortable, well-appointed living quarters
- Open plan home with a large kitchen and oversized family-style table
- School area with computers, printers, and everything needed for school work, personal enrichment, and therapy assignments
- TV room for movie nights
- Separate building for therapy sessions, group time, and mindfulness activities
- Another separate building called the “Fuzzy Room” with bean bag chairs, stuffed animals, and games for personal time
- Two outdoor seating/eating/hang out areas
- Garage converted to a fully equipped gym with free weights, treadmills, elliptical trainers, weight machines, rowing machines, yoga accessories, and boxing gear
- Swimming Pool
- On-site chef
This intimate recovery center serves a maximum of six teenagers at a time, with a 24/7 teen-staff ratio of 3:1.
Please click here to see a sample daily schedule.