Walnut Creek, CA
Evolve Treatment Centers is looking for passionate and enthusiastic Residential Counselors to join our team at our brand new 6-bed adolescent residential treatment center, located in Walnut Creek, CA!
This position involves providing supervision to six adolescents who are in residential treatment for 30-45 days for issues related to mental health and substance abuse. Residential Counselors support clients in their daily activities as well as run and facilitate groups with our clients.
The ideal candidate is experienced, dedicated and excited about working with teens with mental health and substance abuse issues. We are looking for someone who is flexible and willing to adjust to the ever-changing nature of residential treatment. Candidates must be patient, resilient, a reliable team player, and knows how to maintain appropriate boundaries.
This position is challenging yet rewarding as our staff have the opportunity to make a significant impact in the lives of teens and their families as well. This is a great position for someone who may be interested in going back to school to pursue a degree in the mental health or social services field.
** A considerable amount of training will be provided and candidates must be able to attend the 2-week intensive training from March 23rd-April 10th.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides direct care and supervision to clients
- Provides one-to-one support for clients and addresses areas where they need support with individual problems
- Maintains vigilance and awareness of the peer community dynamic while monitoring the behavior, activities and safety of the clients
- Establishes positive and nurturing relationships with adolescents within professional boundaries in accordance with the policies and procedures
- Responsible for all client shift notes and group note documentation
- Conducts and facilitates psychoeducation groups and recreational activities
- Must be able to perform crisis management and interventions if necessary
- Must demonstrate model behaviors
- Establish a constructive therapeutic community in accordance with Treatment Center polices
- Candidates must be able to work at least 1 weekend shift (either Friday, Saturday or Sunday)
- Must be able to attend the 2-week intensive training from March 23rd through April 10th
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older and have a valid DL
- Must have a clean record and are able to pass a CA background check
- Part-time positions typically consist of 2-3 shifts/week (not including the treatment team meetings)
- Full-time positions typically consist of 4-5 shifts/week
- Shift times are as follows: AM shift: 6am-2pm; PM shift 2pm-10pm
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time