Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 /hour
Evolve Treatment Centers is looking for energetic and enthusiastic on-call Residential Counselors and on-call Overnight Counselors to join our team at our Gilroy location! In this role, you will be called into work on an as needed basis. You will be providing additional support to both the team and clients in treatment by filling in when staff members call out or are scheduled to take PTO.
This position is challenging yet rewarding as our staff have the opportunity to make a significant impact in the lives of teens who are in treatment for issues related to mental health and substance abuse, and their families. A considerable amount of training will be provided and you will have the support of a strong team.
The ideal candidate is flexible, experienced, and dedicated to working with teens with mental health and substance abuse issues. Those who are patient, resilient, and enjoy working in a team environment tend to thrive in this role. If you possess these qualities, have the flexibility within your schedule and are willing to adjust to the ever-changing nature of residential treatment- we encourage you to apply!
This is a great position for someone who may be interested in going back to school to pursue a degree in the mental health or social services field.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides direct care and supervision to clients
- Provides one-to-one support for clients and addresses areas where they need support with individual problems
- Establishes positive and nurturing relationships with adolescents while maintaining professional and appropriate boundaries
- Responsible for all client shift notes and group note documentation
- Facilitates psychoeducation groups and recreational activities
- Maintains vigilance and awareness of the peer community dynamic while monitoring the behavior, activities and safety of the clients
- Must be able to perform crisis management and interventions if necessary
- Establish a constructive therapeutic community in accordance with Treatment Center polices
- Must demonstrate model behaviors
- Must be able to attend our weekly team treatment meeting 1x/month. Treatment Team meetings happen every Tuesday from 9am-12pm
- Must be at least 21 or over
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Information for applicant:
- AM shift time: 6:00am-2:00pm
- PM shift time: 2:00pm-10:00pm
- Overnight shift time: 10:00pm-6:00am