San Fernando Valley, CA
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
Evolve Treatment Centers is looking for passionate and enthusiastic Residential Counselors to join us! Our team provides the highest caliber of residential treatment to adolescents struggling with addiction and mental illness. We currently have position openings at our Tarzana-Aura and Woodland Hills facility locations.
The ideal candidate is dedicated, responsible and excited about working with teens with mental health and substance abuse issues. We are looking for someone who is flexible and willing to adjust to the ever-changing nature of adolescent treatment.
The Residential Counselor position provides a great opportunity for someone who may be interested in going back to school to pursue a degree in the mental health or social services field, or is already doing so. In this role, you will gain exposure and experience working with teens that have significant mental health and substance abuse issues.
Extensive training will be provided to staff including trainings in DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) and you will have the support of your team-members. This position is challenging yet rewarding as our staff have the opportunity to make a significant impact in the lives of teens and their families.
Primary Duties Include:
- Provide direct care and supervision to clients in the milleu
- Provide one-to-one support for clients and addresses areas where they need support with individual problems
- Maintain vigilance and awareness of the peer community dynamic while monitoring the behavior, activities and safety of the clients
- Conduct and facilitate psychoeducation groups and recreational activities
- Crisis Management and intervention including safety plans and risk assessments
- Responsible for client shift note and group note documentation
- Accompany clients on outings and to AA/NA meetings
- Facilitate urinalysis testing for clients
- Establish a constructive therapeutic community in accordance with Treatment Center polices
Requirements for Residential Counselors:
- CADC preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Information for Applicant:
- If applying to the Tarzana-Aura Facility, candidates must have availability to work either Thursdays AM or PM shift; Friday PM shift; Sunday AM or PM shift. Candidates must be able to attend our mandatory weekly treatment team meetings every Thursday from 9am-12pm.
- If applying to the Woodland Hills Facility, candidates must be available to work Saturdays PM shift (2pm-10pm) and Overnights on Tuesdays (10pm-6am) . Candidates must also be able to attend our mandatory weekly treatment team meetings every Thursday from 9am-12pm.
- AM shift times are from 6am-2pm; PM shift times are from 2pm-10pm; Overnight shift times are from 10pm-6am
- Part-time positions typically consist of 2-3 shifts/week to start (approx. 16-24 hours/week and doesn’t include Treatment Team meeting hours)
- The ideal candidate is someone who can be flexible with their schedule, depending on our client census