Agoura Hills, CA
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
Evolve Treatment Centers is looking for passionate and enthusiastic MFT/MSW Associates to join our team! This position offers the opportunity for part-time to full-time employment, growth within Evolve and the opportunity to accrue hours towards your MFT/MSW license.
Associates would work out of our beautiful 6-bed adolescent residential treatment center located in Agoura Hills. Our team provides the highest caliber of residential treatment to adolescents struggling with addiction and mental illness.
Our ideal candidate is dedicated, responsible, and excited about working with teens with mental health and substance abuse issues. We are looking for candidates who are flexible and willing to adjust to the ever-changing nature of adolescent treatment.
This is not a typical primary therapist position, however, this role provides the opportunity to gain exposure and experience with adolescents struggling with severe mental health and substance abuse issues. Many of our past Associates have been promoted to a Primary Therapist position. We are interested in cultivating our new hire into a more clinical role as skills acquisition is displayed.
Associate/Residential Counselor duties would primarily be milieu management, enforcing program rules and facilitating psycho-education groups. Once mastery of these skills has been demonstrated, we aim to transition our Associates into facilitating intakes, assessments, providing coverage for our Primary Therapists, etc.
This position is challenging yet rewarding as our staff have the opportunity to make a significant impact in the lives of adolescents and their families. Extensive training and support is provided to staff including regular trainings in DBT(Dialectical Behavioral Therapy).
- Must be registered as an AMFT/ACSW with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Must be able to work at least 1 weekend shift (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday)
- Must be able to attend our mandatory weekly treatment team meeting/supervision every Wednesday from 9am-1pm
- Must be able to pass a Live Scan background check
- Must have a Driver’s License and a reliable form of transportation
Primary Duties Include:
- Provide direct care and supervision to clients in the milleu
- Provide one-to-one support for clients and addresses areas where they need support with individual problems
- Maintain vigilance and awareness of the peer community dynamic while monitoring the behavior, activities and safety of the clients
- Conduct and facilitate psychoeducation groups
- Crisis Management and intervention including safety plans and risk assessments
- Responsible for client shift note and group note documentation
Information for Applicant:
- Opportunities to transition from part-time to full-time employment status including full benefits
- Position includes weekly paid supervision towards licensure on site
- Shift times: (AM Shift) 6am-2pm and (PM Shift) 2pm-10pm