Salary: $16.00 to $17.50 /hour
Evolve Treatment Centers is actively looking for a passionate and enthusiastic AMFT, APCC, or ASW Associate/Residential Counselor to join our team! This position offers the opportunity for part-time to full-time employment, growth within Evolve and the opportunity to accrue hours towards your MFT/PCC/SW license.
Associates would work out of our beautiful 6-bed adolescent residential treatment center located in Ojai, CA. Our team provides the highest caliber of residential treatment to adolescents struggling with addiction, mental health and/or behavioral issues. Our ideal candidate is someone who is dedicated, responsible, flexible, and willing to adjust to the ever-changing nature of adolescent treatment.
All shifts, trainings, and meetings are considered paid hours. Additionally, we’ve spent the last 18 months undertaking a push to infuse our program with DBT Skills and principles. This position provides a great opportunity for you to become more familiar with the DBT model.
Associate/ Residential Counselor duties would primarily be milieu management, enforcing program rules and facilitating psycho-education groups. Once mastery of these skills has been demonstrated, we aim to transition our Associates into facilitating intakes, assessments, providing coverage for our Primary Therapists, and being active participants on our DBT Consultation Team.
Milieu Management includes:
- Provide direct care and supervision to clients in the milieu
- Provide one-to-one support for clients and addresses areas where they need support with individual problems
- Maintain vigilance and awareness of the peer community dynamic while monitoring the behavior, activities and safety of the clients
- Crisis Management and intervention including safety plans and risk assessments
- Responsible for client shift note and group note documentation
Mandatory Requirements for the Associate/Residential Counselor role:
- Must have a # with the BBS
- Mandatory (paid) attendance at weekly Treatment Team Meetings every Tuesday from 9am-12pm
- Mandatory (paid) attendance for the DBT Book Club on Tuesdays 12pm-1pm (For your first 10 weeks of employment)
- Mandatory (paid) training held on the 1st & 3rd Thursday of every month from 2pm-4pm
- Willingness and availability to cover shifts when staff members need coverage (e.g. sickness, vacation), and/or when a 3rd staff on shift is needed (high-risk clients, admits, discharges)
- Must be able to pass a criminal Live Scan background check
Additional Information for the Applicant:
- All shifts covered are PAID on an hourly basis.
- Shifts are typically 8 hours in length. AM shift is from 6am-2pm; PM shift is from 2pm-10pm; Overnight shift if from 10pm-6am. We are specifically looking candidates that have PM availability and can provide weekend coverage.
- Individual Supervision is offered once DBT Book Club is completed.
We typically promote from within, so while you might join our organization as an Associate/Residential Counselor, we are interested in cultivating our new hire into a more clinical role as skills acquisition is displayed.
Job Type: Part-time to Full-time