West Los Angeles, CA
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
volve Treatment Centers is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Outpatient Counselor to join us! Our team provides the highest caliber of treatment to adolescents struggling with addiction and mental illness. This position is located at our Outpatient PHP/IOP location in the Bel Air/Brentwood area of Los Angeles, CA.
Our ideal candidate is dedicated, responsible and excited about working with teens with mental health and substance abuse issues. We are looking for someone who is flexible and willing to adjust to the ever-changing nature of adolescent treatment.
The Counselor position provides a great opportunity for someone who may be interested in going back to school to pursue a degree in the mental health or social services field, or is already doing so. In this role, you will gain exposure and experience working with teens that have significant mental health and substance abuse issues.
This position is challenging yet rewarding as our staff have the opportunity to make a significant impact in the lives of teens and their families.
Primary Duties Include:
- Provide direct care and supervision to clients in the milieu
- Provide one-to-one support for clients and addresses areas where they need support with individual problems
- Maintain vigilance and awareness of the peer community dynamic while monitoring the behavior, activities and safety of the clients
- Conduct and facilitate psychoeducation groups and recreational activities
- Crisis Management and intervention when necessary
- Responsible for client shift notes and group note documentation
- Facilitate urinalysis testing for clients
- Establish a constructive therapeutic community in accordance with Treatment Center polices
Requirements for Counselors:
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Drivers License
- Must be available to attend weekly mandatory treatment team meetings on Thursdays from 11am-1pm
- Experience working with adolescents is a plus
- Hours are: Tuesday, Wednesday 1pm-7pm & Thursday 11am-7pm